Note: SignCut Offline - Lifetime only works with SignCut X2 and SignCut Pro 1.
Here are some basic steps for troubleshooting dongle recognition issues.
1. Dongle doesn't light up - If the light does not turn on when plugged in, it means that the dongle might be broken or the USB-output on your computer doesn't have enough power.
Firstly, we recommend that you connect it to another USB-output then restart SignCut. If you have a desktop computer, make sure to connect it at the back as the outputs on the front don't get as much power as the ports directly on the mainboard.
2. Dongle lights up - If the dongle lights up and SignCut still doesn't ask for an activation code on your Windows computer, this means that the driver needs to be installed.
You can download it from here. Run the file then restart SignCut and enter the activation code again.
For MAC users, the dongle doesn't require a driver.
3. Dongle lights up but the program still doesn't ask for the activation code - You will need to delete the application data for SignCut which will force the program to recreate the configuration file where all program data is saved. This will reset your cutting plotter settings in the program so you will have to re-enter it after the process has been completed.
If you aren't sure what settings to use and you are able to access the program, we recommend for you to click on Cutter in the Settings menu and write down what you have selected for the manufacturer, cutter, output device, and baud before following these instructions.
The process to delete the application data varies per operating system in use. Kindly follow the steps for yours.
1. Open any folder on your computer.
2. Type %appdata% into the address field and hit enter.
3. Locate the SignCut folder and delete it.
4. Restart SignCut and it should now ask for your activation code. Enter it to proceed and re-enter your cutter settings to continue with your usual usage.
1. Open Finder.
2. Click on Go to folder in the Go menu.
3. Write ~/library in the box and click Go.
4. Open the Application Support folder.
5. Locate the SignCut folder and delete it.
6. Restart SignCut and it should now ask for your activation code. Enter it to proceed and re-enter your cutter settings to continue with your usual usage.
If the dongle still isn't working after following all steps above, it may be damaged and needs to be replaced. In this case, you may contact us at email@example.com and provide your dongle serial number so we can assist you with a replacement*.
*Dongle replacements are subject to additional charges.