Do the following test to verify that you are using the correct communication settings.
1. Unplug the cutter,
2. Open or restart SignCut,
3. Click the "Cutter" button and
4. Pull down the Output Device/Port list and make a note of what your choices are.
5. Plug the cutter back in, and turn the power on.
6. Close the Cutter dialogue and open it again. Look at the same device output list again, and now you should see a new port. This is the port for your cutter, select it.
7. Please walk over to your cutting plotter and look in for a setting in the display called Baud or BR and check what value it is set to.
8. Go back to your computer and enter the same value in SignCut also in the cutter dialogue.
The communication should now be correct. To make a test cut select the red layer in the SignCut logo by clicking the red button in the panel to the right in SignCut. There is more than one red layer, select the one that says SignCut. Now click the cutout icon represented by a pair of scissor and do a test cut.
If no new output option shows up it means that you have to install the communication driver for your cutting plotter. You should have received it together with your cutter on a CD or it should be available on the website of the reseller or the manufacturer of your machine.